Maestra Group is an energetic global event design and technical production company with offices in both London and Dubai. We are currently looking for a full time Head of Audio & Project Handler to join our expanding office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Assets / Warehouse
- Responsible for the allocation, management and upkeep of all audio inventory.
- Taking briefs from the Projects Team and designing a suitable system for projects within the given time frame.
- Creating equipment lists using rental system, in collaboration with the Projects Team.
- Overseeing and maintaining the audio inventory on our asset management system.
- Ensuring that equipment is prepared to correct standards and in a timely fashion prior to installation.
- Keeping the audio department well-organised.
- Ensuring the workshop and storage facilities are kept in a tidy and orderly fashion, and all equipment contained within them is maintained to a suitable standard.
- Overseeing repairs for all audio equipment and ensuring that the department runs at maximum efficiency.
- Communicating with Operations for priority of repairs for upcoming projects.
- Leading on responsibility for all health and safety matters related to the audio department, including risk assessments, inspection records, and maintenance logs.
- Providing dry hire quotes to external suppliers for audio rentals.
- Ensuring that any rigging required for audio is specified correctly.
- Assisting in allocation of suitable replacement equipment when shortages arise, and identifying sub-hire requirements well in advance to increase efficiency.
- Advising management on recommended Capex purchases, based on new technologies and market trends.
- Supporting every project in terms of problem solving and extra equipment.
- Briefing teams for all projects on audio.
- Managing audio team onsite to ensure project is delivered smoothly.
- Analysing onsite process and developing better ways of working.
- Operating larger, more complex shows if required.
- Handling all technical aspects of certain projects, when requested.
- Effective management of all on site crew and sub-contractors whilst maintaining an effective line of communication with all other relevant suppliers, including the venues.
- Ensuring consistent, coherent communication with the client as necessary, managing agreed expectations in terms of quality of delivery and agreed timelines, whilst responding effectively to any unforeseen situations.
- Enforcing safe working practices, and making sure that they are adhered to, in line with company policy.
- Managing the in-house teams of audio technicians, allocating tasks as necessary.
- Managing any external freelance technicians.
- Specifying correct internal/external crew requirements for projects, and communicating to the Operations Team.
- Identifying appropriate opportunities for team training and development.
- Extensive experience of live events both in a managerial position and operationally ‘hands on’.
- A very good rounded experience and understanding of Audio, Lighting and Video equipment used on events.
- Proven organisation and coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Basic experience in Autocad, Vectorworks or Sketchup software.
- Competent in MS Office.
- Must have a driving licence.
- Experience in the same role preferred, but not essential.
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary: Competitive salary, dependent on experience
To apply please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the full job specification for this role, click the link below.
Dubai Head Of Audio Project Handler