Maestra Group is an energetic global event design and technical production company with offices in both London and Dubai. We are currently looking for a full time Lighting Technician to join our expanding office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- The responsibilities of this role will mainly be focused on the installation, programming and maintenance of Maestra’s lighting equipment; - Consoles, Moving head lights, Generics, Dimmers, Distros, Networking etc. in the production of high profile live events. As a Maestra technician you may also be expected to provide technical support in full cross discipline skill in the areas of AV, lighting, sound, staging and rigging. There would also be the opportunity to learn and develop skills and expertise at an innovative events company.
- Assist with the preparation, care and maintenance of equipment with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Work in an organised fashion to keep the working environment tidy.
- Follow operational and safety procedures accurately on every project.
- Take responsibility to ensure the correct equipment is specified for each project and liaise with the Project Manager / Head of Lighting to find appropriate solutions for each event.
- Approach the installation, programming and operation of technical equipment for rehearsals and shows with enthusiasm.
- Efficient communication with all members of the team, suppliers and – where necessary – the client.
- Operation of technical systems including programming and operating consoles for various types of show, setting up, patching lighting fixtures, dimmers etc from a plot, programming network devices using Artnet/Manet.
- Accurate preparation, installation, operating and derig of events.
- A positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- The ability to problem solve and work under pressure.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Good punctuality and time management.
- Appropriate presentation at all times.
- Flexible approach to working patterns.
- Good experience of live events and operationally ‘hands on’.
- A good experience and technical understanding of Audio, Lighting and Video equipment used on events.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Basic experience in Autocad, Vectorworks or Sketchup software.
- Competent in MS Office.
- Driving licence – desired, but not essential.
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Lighting
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary: Negotiable salary, dependent on experience
To apply please submit your CV to email@example.com
To download the full job specification, click below.
Dubai Lighting Technician