Maestra Group is an energetic global event design and technical production company with offices in both London and Dubai. We are
currently looking for a full time Video Technician to join our expanding office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The responsibilities of this role will mainly be focussed on the installation, programming and maintenance of Maestra’s video equipment; LED video screen, processors, projectors, switchers, media servers such as Watchout etc. in the production of high profile live events. As a Maestra technician you may also be expected to provide technical support in full cross discipline skill in the areas of AV, lighting, sound, staging and rigging.
There would also be the opportunity to learn and develop skills and expertise at an innovative events company.
Day to Day Tasks
- Assisting with the preparation, care and maintenance of equipment with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working in an organised fashion to keep the working environment tidy.
- Following operational and safety procedures accurately on every project.
- Taking responsibility to ensure the correct equipment is specified for each project and liaising with the Project Manager / Head of Video to find appropriate solutions for each event.
- Approaching the installation, programming and operation of technical equipment for rehearsals and shows with enthusiasm.
- Efficiently communicating with all members of the team, suppliers and – where necessary – the client.
- Operating AV / technical systems, including LED screens and processing.
- Accurate preparation, installation, operating and de-rig of events.
- Good experience of live events, operationally ‘hands on’.
- A good experience and technical understanding of Audio, Lighting and Video equipment used on events.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Enthusiasm and ability to work to tight deadlines, along with a flexible approach to working patterns.
- Driving Licence (not essential but would be a plus).
- Competent in MS Office.
- A positive attitude and professionalism at all times.
- The ability to problem solve and work under pressure.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Good punctuality and time management.
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Video
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Salary: Competitive salary, dependent on experience
To apply please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a full copy of the job description by clicking the link below.< Back to news