Maestra Group is an energetic global event design and technical production company with offices in both London and Dubai. We are currently looking for a full time Technical Manager with a strong background in video, sound and lighting to join our expanding London office in Woolwich Arsenal.
- Generating proposals and quotations for events and working directly with project managers to ensure that the event is delivered smoothly.
- Onsite management of events from installation to de-rig, including crew management.
- Delegating technical responsibility to on-site technicians (including freelancers), ensuring all duties are achieved within the deadline.
- Ensuring you have full knowledge of the company's stock hire equipment and its functions.
- Managing budgets to ensure maximum profitability without compromising quality.
- Stretching the client’s creative understanding to deliver the best possible event within their scope and budget.
- Working with the warehouse manager and team, ensuring all relevant stock is kept and serviced to the best standards.
- Servicing and coordinating all technical requirements as requested by the project managers.
- Working with venue operation staff to ensure in house equipment is set up correctly, and to the client’s specifications.
- Offering technical advice and support to the project management team and occasionally clients.
- Working closely with the project managers to ensure that the company's health and safety policy is adhered to.
Required Skills & Attributes
- Background within events, technical management and equipment hire industries.
- Understanding of the technical requirements of the event market.
- In-depth knowledge and comprehension of technical CAD drawings.
- Able to work in a fast paced, challenging and adapting environment.
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy when working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Friendly, personable, positive approach.
- Imaginative problem-solver.
Desired Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge of d&b sound systems, Analog Way, Robe lights, Chamsys and Avolites.
- Extensive experience in video or sound.
- Experience working with Vector Works is preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working with suppliers and subcontractors, mainly concentrated towards video, sound and lighting.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
To apply please submit your CV to Ed Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org
To download a copy of this job description, please click the link below.
Technical Manager Maestra London