Maestra London is hiring a Finance Director
PostedJan 3, 2019
Maestra Group is an energetic global event design and technical production company with
offices in both London and Dubai. We are currently looking for a Finance Director, with a
strong background to join our expanding London office to oversee our finance team.
The role reports to the board of directors and has been brought about by continued growth in
the group and expansion in the company across the globe. The Finance Director will have
an entrepreneurial and challenging remit in which the key person will lead, manage and
develop the finance function. Alongside the managing director, they will manage the
department to facilitate change, drive financial awareness, work collaboratively with the
board of directors and assist key commercial strategic decisions.
This is a great time to join as the business goes from strength to strength and will provide
the successful candidate with further opportunities to grow.
- Work with the board of directors to optimise the company’s financial performance and
- Contribute to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business,
challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial
analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- With the assistance of the finance team, take overall control of the company’s
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current
activities and future growth.
- Development and adaptation of group-wide processes, procedures and relevant
policies, driving efficiencies in all the regions in line with business growth
- Month-end control along with preparation of timely management information reports
and presenting these to the board of directors.
- Regular reporting against budget to each Head of department within the business
and partnering with them to help drive growth.
- Responsible for signing off expenses
- Manage the preparation and presentation of regular updates/refreshing of business plans and forecasts
- Lead, motivate and develop the Finance team in the UK and oversee finance
functions in other regions
- Work with each department to help drive growth
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out and reviewed.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the company cash management policies.
- Present annual accounts to the board of directors.
- Overseeing all regional tax, regulatory and compliance issues and working with local third-party auditors and accountants
- Oversee the accounts receivables function in each region
- Oversee sales order processing
- Responsible for regional payroll, liaison with internal team and third-party payroll
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, foreign
- currency exposure, debt, taxation and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with
- external parties including customers and advisors.
- You will also be required to carry out any other duties which may reasonably be
- required of you.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
- At least 5 years of post-qualified experience in a similar role
- Commercially astute, dynamic, articulate and technically strong.
- An influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to good governance.
- Experience in Standard Costing
- Experience of working for an SME during high growth
- Experience in Multisite International businesses
- Demonstrable experience of building and developing finance teams
- In-depth knowledge of Sage
- Experience of high growth businesses
- Ability to “get stuck in” to get things done in the short term
- Systems change-over/implementation experience
- Ability to “translate” and explain finance issues to non-finance colleagues
- Ability to interactively switch between micro-detail and strategic/ “helicopter” view on topics whilst understanding the end to end business impact of
Skills and Understanding
- High attention to detail
- Clear speaking, listening and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively deal with conflict
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Competent in MS Office
- Competent in using G suite (Google)
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Please submit all applications to email@example.com
To download this job description, click the link below:
< Back to news